Thursday, January 21, 2010

THE INESTIMABLE VALUE OF A SMILE

SMILE! You've heard that before, haven't you?
Those cute little yellow smiley-faces remind us
to increase our "face value" by turning up the
corners of our mouths into those becoming
looks of a SMILE!
Think about it. SMILES have a way of warming
up the heart of the person(s) you are smiling at.
It makes them to think things like, "He's happy
to see me!", or "She likes me despite what I said
about her the other day!", or "I must be somebody
to someone, else why would I be getting a SMILE?".
You never know what a SMILE can do - how much
of a difference or how powerful it can be for the
person receiving one!
How do you feel when someone SMILES AT YOU?
Good. Warm. Welcomed. Accepted. Friendly.
Appreciated. Liked. Loved. Pretty? Handsome?
You can never be totally sure of the power of the
SMILE that you are giving another, whether a
friend, acquaintance, neighbor, family member,
coworker, or stranger.
It's been said and proven that fewer muscles are
needed/employed in SMILING than in FROWNING!
It's more relaxing and less stressful to SMILE!
Perhaps the person that you're giving a SMILE to
is having a bad day (or a bad life), your little
contribution to their day or life may just spur
him or her on to continue to face the challenge
or challenges that they're experiencing!
A SMILE is disarming! It can break down any
social or hostile feelings that another may have.
It may say "I forgive you." Or...."I like you in
spite of yourself." Or...."My heart is reaching out
to you." Or..."I'm glad to see you out and about."
CAN YOU THINK OF OTHER BENEFITS? I'm sure
you can. How do you feel when someone SMILES
at you? Not that phony, "I have to smile because
we're face-to-face.", but that "I acknowledge and
affirm you because you're a fellow traveler."
SMILES relay a sense of wellbeing! SMILES pass
along a feeling of acceptance! SMILES can cause
an almost automatic response that creates goodwill
in the recipient! SMILES can be healing, however
temporary! SMILES can be that extra nudge that
a person needs to help them carry on!
SO WHATYASAY, READY TO JOIN THE "SMILE
CLUB"? Give a few SMILES out today, they won't
cost you anything, and the return can be
INVALUABLE!!
I'M SMILING AT YOU RIGHT NOW!!
THANKS FOR SMILING BACK, YOU'VE MADE ME
FEEL GOOD. Love, Bill

P.S. Every now then when someone SMILES at
me it makes me wonder, "Is my hair out of place?"
Or...."Is my zipper open?" Or...."Is my tie straight?"
Or..."Do I have a booger hanging out of my nose?"
HA-HA, MADE YOU SMILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment